Monday, October 09, 2006

Let's give it a try

For the past several weeks I have really enjoyed reading my friend Jenn's blog. I have decided to give it a try. I have tried to write in a journal before, but there are always about three months in between entries. So this will be yet another attempt to keep a record of our activities in our family. And I am hoping that by sharing my thoughts and getting comments from friends and family, it will keep me motivated to keep adding to this blog.
It hit me this week how important it is to write things down before you forget them. In Trevon's class this week he was the spotlight and he brought home a paper for me to fill out about his likes and dislikes and so forth. The last part on the paper asked me to tell a humorous story about him, and my mind went blank! I know he does all kinds of cute and funny things everyday, but when asked I couldn't think of any. So this is the main reason for this blog. I am going to write about the funny things the kids so everyday. So I apologize if it gets a little boring to you, but for me they are memories I am trying to keep alive. I look forward to your comments and I hope you enjoy!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

i think this is such a good idea to keep a blog. I too started because Jenn has one as well as a few of my other friends. It is fun to find out what everyone is up to! I love it. :)

gini-k said...

Way to go, Kim! :)

Papa Bob said...

I remember Trevon saying once when we stopped for gas to wash the windows "Papa - I'll help you. You wet 'em and I'll shave 'em".

Jennifer said...

I love this!! I have been reading gini's, leslie's and arianne's often. They make me smile. And so far, it has worked for me!

Aubrey said...

Hey this looks like fun, I decided to try it out. Well see how it goes and see if I can figure things out.