Tuesday, April 08, 2008

FRONT ROW!!!! almost

WOW! I don't even know where to start because I get so excited when I think about it. Last Monday for my birthday Brian surprised me with tickets to the Jazz game. But they weren't just any tickets, they were 3rd row behind the bench! Directly in front of me was Andrei Kirilenko and Ronnie Brewer who were out with injuries. It was literally the Jazz bench, one row, and then us. Brian thought it would be more fun for me if I took my best friend Jenn. And it wasn't that we wouldn't have had fun together, but with Jenn we could giggle and laugh like little 13 year old girls. And we did a lot of that! It was just surreal sitting so close. ( I didn't know Paul Milsap had tattoos?)

This is one of the first pictures I took and I didn't even have to use my zoom! I took about a zillion pictures that night. Most of them are blurry because I couldn't sit still long enough to take a decent picture. But I did manage to get a few that turned out okay.Brian made me think we were just going to take the kids and sit in our usual upper bowl seats with the Lambs. And I have to admit when I first found out about it I literally felt like I was going to puke. I think mostly because I thought about how much money it must have cost. But after a few minutes I figured he already bought them and there is nothing I could do about that now, so I may as well enjoy myself. And I really did! It was certainly a once in a lifetime kind of thing.

We were so close we could hear them talking during time outs and even during the game.
This picture makes me laugh because if you look close CJ Miles' jacket is buttoned crooked. Jenn and I giggled about it all night.

I haven't seen it yet, but we were apparently on television a lot. When the game first started within the first minute, my dad called my cell, Jenn's mom called her cell and Jenn got a text from her brother. All of them were calling to say they saw us on TV. Every time they were on our end of the court you could see us. While I was on the phone my dad said "I can see you right now, Wave" So we did and they could see us waving on TV. I know, we are NERDS!
It was an awesome game to go to. The Jazz clobbered the Wizards. It wasn't even close, we ended up winning by like forty something points I think.
Every Jazz player scored! ( except Jason Shart, as Brian and Jordan call him)
When I downloaded this picture it kinda freaked me out because it looks like Memo is looking right at me!

I think Boozer is rubbing his eyes because the flash from my camera was driving him CRAZY!! I took over 70 pictures during the game, and I know Jenn took a ton also.
At half time when the team went to the locker room, Andrei stood up and turned to follow his team and he said something to us! Jenn and I turned to each other squealed and grinned and said "holy crap he talked to us" We have no idea what he said. It was something like "nice shot, huh?" or "nice play" I don't know, but ANDREI TALKED TO US! See I told you we are big nerds.

What a great experience! It will probably never happen again, but it is something I will always remember for the rest of my life! Thanks to Brian and Jordan for sitting in the upper bowl with all SIX kids.

Thank you Brian! It really was a fantastic THURSDAY present. And thanks Jenn for sharing that evening with me .

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

A BIG FAT THANKS for sharing your awesome gift with me!! I will never forget it. I still giggle and get excited just thinking about it.

Unknown said...

that is awesome he got you such GREAT tickets! how fun! You have a GREAT hubby!!