Sunday, November 12, 2006

Open Mic?

I just have a funny story to tell about something that happended today in church. Jackson was asked to give the prayer in primary today. We practiced beforehand so he would know what to say because he didn't want me to go up with him to help. So while we practiced I asked him to say the prayer just like he would in primary and he said " Dear Heavenly Father please bless the pioneers and President Hinkley and the missionaries and I am thankful that I got a big Lighting McQueen for my birthday. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen." I told him that it probably wasn't a good idea to include Lighting McQueen in his prayer, but the rest sounded pretty good. We practiced a few more times but I was still a little nervous about what he would say.
In our ward they hold opening exercises for primary in the chapel. So Jackson walked up to the microphone at the pulpit to say his prayer and these were his exact words..... " I have a big thing..... I mean Dear Heavenly Father we are thankful for our blessings and the pioneers. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen." I turned to Brian and said " did he just say he had a big thing?" I know my mind is in the gutter, but it made me laugh so hard. I share this because it is one of those little moments that you need to write down so you can remember them. Maybe I will read this to Jackson's girlfriend when he is in high school. I could embarass him real good! I have been giggling about it all day.

0 comments: