Thursday, November 02, 2006

Trevon's Birthday




Wow, so much has been going on the past few weeks. I haven't written recently because we have been out of town at Disneyland, but I will talk more about that later. The day before we left was Trevon's birthday. He turned six! I can't believe how fast he is growing, what a big boy. Friday October 20 was his actual birthday. I was able to go to his class that day to be the secret reader, and bring cup cakes for his class. It was nice to see all his little friends celebrating his big day with him. I went at the end of the class but when school was over he didn't want to ride home with me, he wanted to ride the bus. So I met him at home.
I decided to attempt to bake his birthday cake myself. The night before we baked the cakes, and when Trevon got home from school he helped me decorate them. We needed to have them ready to take to Grandma Jo's house for the party that night. It took pretty much the entire afternoon, but I think our hard work paid off, they looked pretty darn good if I do say so myself.
We picked up some pizza and headed to Grandma and Grandpa's house. Trevon's aunt, uncles, and cousins were there to celebrate with us. It was a lot of fun. Trevon loved everything he got, but I think his favorite was the digital camera he got. He has turned into quite the photographer. Half the pictures are blurry because he hasn't quite gotten the hang of holding the camera still while he takes the picture. But then some of his pictures have turned out pretty good.
Since we left for Disney the next day, we told him he could have a party with his friends when we got back. So we are in the process of planning that right now. I think he had a pretty special day. We love that kid so much. He is so sweet and helpful. I am the luckiest mom in the world to have such great kids!

0 comments: