Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Jackson's worst toe

This all started about a month ago when we were walking into church and I opened the heavy door right into Jackson's toe. He was wearing his sandals that day and it scraped his big toe pretty good. I felt really bad, but he was tough and only cried for a minute. Then two days later at swimming lessons he stubbed that same toe on the cement. The very nice lifeguard helped to clean him up and gave him a band aid to put on it. (Of course the band aid was gone by the time we got done swimming. Don't you hate it when you find a used band aid in the swimming pool? Gross!) Anyways, the very next day we went to Shopko and I walked in first with the other two kids and Jackson was close behind. Then I heard him start to yell so I turned around and saw Jackson who was trapped. The automatic door had shut on him and he was stuck between the door and the security thing that beeps if you shoplift. One of the Shopko employees came running over and helped me free him. But poor Jackson's big toe got the worst of it. There was blood and a lot of tears. The employee went and got a first aid kit and helped to clean up the bloody toe. The whole time Jackson was in tears and kept telling me "mom, I hate this toe!" over and over again. Needless to say his toe has been very tender and anytime he bumped it or if anyone else accidentally touched it, it would hurt and so he has been calling it his worst toe. We knew he would loose his toenail and this past week it has been just barely hanging on, but he wouldn't let anyone touch it. It was really gross, but on Saturday it finally fell off. He told me that as soon as his new toenail grows back, it won't be his worst toe anymore, but until then it is still his worst toe. He carried around this nasty toenail all day in his pocket and that night when we were putting on his pajamas he told me he was going to put it under his pillow so he could get a dollar. So I had to crush his dreams and tell him there was no such thing as a toenail fairy. And now the toenail is in his piggy bank because he insists on keeping it. Totally disgusting I know, but some fights are just not worth fighting.


Here is Jackson with his worst toe's toenail

4 comments:

Cassie said...

Ok, I feel really bad for the poor little guy, but that's kind of funny. Cute little Jackson...

Jennifer said...

Crazy Jackson! He cracks me up. Kind of reminds me of when Trevon brought his tooth to church in his pocket! No toenail fairy?? You could have knocked me over with a feather! :)

Unknown said...

his poor toe! OUCH! That cracks me about too about the toe nail fairy! What a funny story. Sad but funny!

Aubrey said...

That is funny, but sounds like it hurt. Poor guy!! I'm glad he has a good sense of humor about it.