Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Broncos and Rockies

What a fun weekend we had with our friends the Lambs. We went to a Colorado Rockies game on Friday night and then the Broncos game on Sunday afternoon. The Rockies lost, but it was still a lot of fun. In fact it was the first major league baseball game Brian had ever been to. I have been to a few Astros games when we lived in Houston. But Brian says they don't count because I didn't watch any of the game. I had absolutely no interest in the game back then. I sure have changed a lot when it comes to watching sports since I married Brian. I sometimes catch myself watching sports center.

The Bronco game was a blast again, like it always is. They barley won with a field goal in overtime, what and exciting game. The weather was nice and not cold at all, I don't think I even used the jacket I brought. It did start to rain a little during the first half. And then during the second quarter the thunder and lightning started. They stopped the game and had all the players and staff go into the locker room until it passed. It ended up being about a 25 minute rain delay. We just stayed up in our seats until it passed. We figured it wouldn't be worth walking all the way down the stairs with the mobs of people.
But we had a nice weekend. We flew back on Sunday night, and even with the rain delay and the enormous line for security at the airport, we still made our flight. We are looking forward to our next trip on October 7 with my brother and sister in law. Then we are going to another game with Jordan and Jenn in December. Can't wait!!

Jordan, Jenn, Brian and I after the game

Invesco "The mecca" as the boys call it. (And also where Brian wants to be buried when he dies.



The fly over was awesome!! Look how dark the skies are.








1 comments:

Jennifer said...

We had a great time, too! I think I have come to appreciate sports more now that Jordan and I are married. I was into b-ball, but that's it. I didn't know anything about football until I met Jordan. I was a GREAT cheerleader come football season! Wink, Wink!! I'm glad to have a friend that likes it too like me!!!