Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Poor Taylor

On Friday afternoon my mom and the kids and I went to look at the new house that is still under construction. We went into the back yard which is just dirt at this point, and as we were out there a tractor drove by and kicked up a lot of dirt. And just about then the wind picked up. I had dust in my eyes and apparently so did Taylor, because she had her arm up covering her eyes as she was walking toward the house. I had my back turned and didn't see anything happen, but Trevon yelled " Taylor fell!!" I turned around and didn't see her. I said "where" and Trevon said "down there" and pointed into the window well. I think my heart stopped beating for a few seconds. I ran over and sure enough she was at the bottom of the window well. She started to cry and I leaned over to get her, but the window well was too deep and I couldn't reach her. My mom went running to the basement and opened the window and got her out. I thought for sure there was going to be broken bones, because it was quite a fall. But she was very very lucky. She did cut her head open, and of course head wounds bleed a lot. So we went straight to the instacare to have her looked at. They ended up putting three staples in her head. We will go back this Friday to have them taken out. When I think of how deep that window well was and all the rocks and dirt and construction debris that was down there, we are so extremely fortunate that all she got was a cut and a few other bumps and bruises. She is one very lucky little girl!!! And we love her so much and are glad it wasn't worse.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

oh that is so sad! I am glad it wasn't worse!!

how is your house coming a long?? Have you sold your houe yet?

Cassie said...

Oh my freaking scary! Poor Taylor AND poor mom! I would have had a nervous breakdown!

mommyoffour said...

poor poor taylor! This picture doesn't do it justice, it looks much worse in real life. Glad she is ok!

Aubrey said...

Oh Taylor, I am so sorry! Been there done that, Kelsie had hers in the same spot. They do come out a lot faster than stitches. If that helps any.

Becky and Bryce said...

Kim

How scarey, that is always a fear of mine because all of our window wells are so deep. I'm so glad she's okay!!