Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Huntington Beach


After two days at Disney we decided to take a break from the parks and head to the beach. That was one of my favorite days of the vacation. This is only the second time my kids had ever been to the ocean. We had a few boogie boards and lot of sand toys to play with. I wish we could have stayed one more day and gone back to the beach it was that much fun. At first I wasn't going to get into the water because once you get wet the sand sticks EVERYWHERE! But Brian and Jordan talked Jenn and I into it, and I am so glad they did. Jenn and I had a blast catching and trying to catch waves on the boogie boards. I think we probably brought home two pounds of sand, but it was totally worth it!

Katie was the first to venture into the water. I just love this picture.

Jackson and Trevon touching the waves for the first time.
Tanner coming to join the other two boys.
Brian and Jordan have been threatening for weeks that they were going to wear speedos to the beach. I never really believed they would actually do it. I was right about Brian (although he still claims he would have done it if he could have found a speedo in his size) but Jordan totally followed through with his threat. We were all standing watching the kids play in the water when all of a sudden from behind us we heard some whooping and hollering. Then all of a sudden Jordan came running past and into the water in nothing but a speedo. I still can't beleive he actually did it. I laughed so hard! We had several laughing moments throughout the trip because of Brian and Jordan. They themselves are quite the entertainment.
Nice pose. I think this one will be blown up to poster size and used as blackmail someday.
Hiding behind the boogie board.


Taylor liked the water, but I think she liked playing in the sand even more.


Surfs up!





Like I said, sand EVERYWHERE!!
Trevon and Madison got pretty good at the boogie boards, especially Madison. She caught an awesome wave on her very first try. This is another photo for the wedding video! ha ha

Jackson and Tanner were pretty proud of their sand village.



MORE SAND!!

They are pretending to be dead. I love Tanner's tongue sticking out of his mouth.
Brian and Jordan (with his swim trunks on) out to catch some waves.


5 comments:

Jennifer said...

My poor husband!! He is going to get SO much grief! :) We warned him, right?? All over the internet!

Cassie said...

I'm saying Brian just chickened out. A speedo is a speedo. It's just as awful squished in to one that doesn't fit as finding one that does, I'm sure. So funny.

Unknown said...

I am DYING over the speedo! that is the funnest thing I have EVER seen!!! I would DIE if Greg were to ever do that!! SO FUNNY! I am glad you guys had a fun trip! It makes me want to go to disneyland again!!

Taylor is SOO big! she looks so grown up in all of these pictures!!

Kaarina said...

Hello, the smaller the speedo, the better, right? Seriously! Looks so fun, love the pics, love them!

Samantha said...

I never thought the day would come when I would see a man I know in a speedo. That's seriously the funniest thing I've ever seen!