Thursday, November 20, 2008

THEY'RE DONE!!! YEAH!!

*** UPDATE!! Correction: For those of you who have read this already I made a mistake on the high school that the performance is at. It is NOT at Hunter it is at GRANGER high school. (Thanks Jenn for pointing that out. I was totally picturing Granger in my head but wrote Hunter, Duh)***

This year I was asked by Taylor's dance teacher if I would make the costumes for her class for the holiday recital. And this morning I brought all ten of them to give to each of the girls at the dress rehearsal. What a relief to be all done! I really couldn't have done it without my mom's help and expertise. Thank you so much mom for all your help with them!

Her dance is to a song called I want a hippopotamus for Christmas. They have these stuffed hippos that they dance with for the second half of the song. ( I also had to make ten hippo costumes.) It is really cute. This year they have two performances and I would like to invite anyone who would like to come, to come. The first performance is at Trolley Square on Monday Dec. 8 at 7:00. The main performance is at Granger High School on December 13 at 10:00am. Santa is going to be at the performance at the high school, so it should be really fun. So am inviting anyone who would like to come.

Below are some pictures of the girls this morning trying on the costumes. What do you think? Again I am just glad to be done with them.







10 comments:

Christy said...

Very IMPRESSIVE! Way to go.... that is my worst nightmare. They turned out darling. I will have to consult with the calendar but we would love to watch her strut-her-stuff if we can get a chance. I'll let you know.

Unknown said...

those are SOO cute!!! WOW I am very impressed! :)
don't you LOVe this age and watching them dance?/ SO CUTE!!

Where does she take dance??

Cassie said...

So cute! Look at you, you little crafty domesticated woman. Impressive.

Becky and Bryce said...

Very cute! Looks like a lot of work though!!!

Mother of Three said...

I am very impressed! They are so cute! Great job! Wish we could make the performaces, Cambria would love it!

Jennifer said...

They look awesome! Wasn't it SO nice to get rid of them and be done with it?? I know that's how I feel! By the way, I thought she said the performance was at Granger High? I guess I will have to ask her.

mCat said...

They are DARLING! And you amaze me! What a feat!

Sherri said...

Well....look at what you can accomplish with some fabric and a sewing machine! Those costumes are awesome. I am very impressed.

I bought a sewing machine from Sam's Club 3 years ago because I had a goal to learn how to sew. Sadly, it hasn't seen the light of day and is still in the box. *sigh*

Kristyn said...

You are so talented! The costumes are so cute. I wish we could see her dance. Maybe she will give us a little performance at Christmas.

Kaarina said...

Domestic Goddess? Um, yes! Those are so cute!