Friday, March 14, 2008

The Man I Love!!

I have been feeling a little guilty because, as Brian pointed out, I hardly ever have stories on my blog about him. And now after I post this he will probably be mad (because of the pictures below) but he will just have to deal with it. This post is all about the love of my life, my husband Brian. We have been married for 10 1/2 years. We have three beautiful children and a wonderful life. I don't know where I would be without Brian, he is the best thing that has ever happened to me. My friend had a cute post about her husband so I copied the questions .

What is his name? Brian


How long have you been together? On March 22 it will be the 12 year anniversary of our first date.


How long did you date? One year and four months from our first date to the day we were married.


Where did you go on your first date? A Jazz game, a forecast of my life to come.

How old is he? He is two years older than me. Although I stopped having birthdays last year, so I guess this year he will be three years older than me.


Who eats more? He does.


Who said I love you first? I don't remember, but he probably does. I think it was me.


Who is taller? Most definitely him!
Who sings better? I am not sure, we are both equally bad.
Who is smarter? By far it is him. He has the best memory. I only wish I could remember a fraction of the stuff he can remember. Things just come to him easily. He was one of those students in school who would sluff class, never do his homework, and show up and get an A- on the test and pass with a B. Not me, I would study and study and do extra work, go to class and study again, and I would get a B on the test and pass with a B. Then I week later I have already forgotten everything I studied so hard for. It just isn't fair.
Who does the laundry? Me
Who does the dishes? 90% of the time it is me. I give him a hard time because he thinks that doing the dishes is cleaning the kitchen. So when he "cleans the kitchen" I usually end up wiping the counters and stuff. (don't be mad hon, you know it's true)
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? If you are lying in bed then it is him. If you are standing at the foot looking at it then it is me.


Who pays the bills? I do. I think it is a control issue that I have. I need to know to the penny how much money we have in the bank at all times. Brian teases that he has to have a purchase order to buy anything. (and by the way Brian, you do)
Who mows the lawn? Brian is in charge of all the yard work and he does a fantastic job. But I actually like to mow the lawn for two reasons. First I can escape the children and just listen to my ipod and get a good workout in the sun. Second, it leaves more time for Brian to spend with us while he is home. But he still does all the trimming.
Who cooks dinner? Brian cooks about two or three times a month. So I guess we cook about the same. His cooking is much tastier than mine I will admit.


Who drives when you are together? He does. I drive him crazy when I drive, I can tell because of his body language and his few comments here and there. It is just better when he is driving!
Who is more stubborn? He is for sure.
Who kissed who first? He kissed me, but he says I wouldn't let him go home until he did. (he was probably right)
Who proposed? He did. On Christmas day in 1996. He had me fooled, I was not expecting to get a ring for Christmas. That was one of the best Christmases ever!


Who is more sensitive? I think we both are. Most of you who know Brian know that he looks kind of intimidating, but inside he is very sweet.
Who has more siblings? I do. I have four sisters. He has two brothers and one sister.
Who wears the pants? I like to let him think he does, but it is really me.


I LOVE YOU BRIAN!!!

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

HOLY CRAP!!! That first picture totally looks like Jackson!! So cute, thanks for sharing! Love all the pictures.

Renee said...

At first glance, I thought it was Jackson too! Love all the pictures of Brian, that was great getting to know him. Gotta love the tube socks! We all wore them, huh? What were we thinking?

Unknown said...

I thought the same thing about the first picture TOTALLY JACKSON!! WOW! at least you know how he will turn out when he is older! :)

I love this, and all the fun pictures.

Aubrey said...

Ditto on the other comments. He looks like his Brother in that basketball picture. Cute pictures, and it was fun to learn new things about your cute family.

Samantha said...

First of all, I totally thought that first picture was of Jackson. WOW! Secondly, those are the skinniest legs I have ever seen in my entire life! Love it!

mommyoffour said...

I thought the same thing about the first picture, no doubt that looks like Jackson! I will make sure Jared sees these pics, he will get a good chuckle! :)

Samantha said...

Hey Kim! First of all, thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. Taking pictures of your own kids is seriously the best part of being a photographer. :o)

Anyway, I do have a website for my photog. You can go to onedayinjunephotography.blogspot.com
to see my portfolio. Let me know if you want to schedule a session. I would be honored to take pictures of your gorgeous kiddos! Just call or email me...982-0248 or lukehunter@comcast.net

Becky and Bryce said...

That was so fun. Cute idea, I loved watching Brian grow up. You two look so young in your pictures together. sooo fun