Monday, June 02, 2008

Baby Birdies!

We noticed this birds nest in our satellite dish a few weeks ago. And inside there were four little eggs. Well yesterday afternoon I looked and the eggs had hatched! I don't think I have ever seen little birdies so small. Brian was able to lift the kids up so they could get a little peek. It was pretty neat to see how excited they got. I was able to snap a few pictures while the mommy bird was away. I think they must have just hatched within a day or so because there is still one egg that hasn't hatched yet. Pretty cool huh?

When I leaned over to get this pic one little bird opened its tiny little beak. It probably thought I was mommy bringing food.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

So, I guess there were eggs in the nest, huh?? Brian wasn't lying to us. That is so cool.

Unknown said...

that is so cool. i love the picture of the baby bird with his mouth open! how sweet is that!

my grandparents recently had a mamma duck living in their back yard and then had 12 baby ducklings IN her back yard. I never made it over to see them but they LOVEd having them there!!