Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Big Secret!


Don't tell the kids, it is a surprise! We are taking them to Disneyland in September. We are going with our good friends the Lambs, and their kids don't know either. I am not sure how long we will be able to keep it a secret, but we'll see. In a way I would like to tell them just so I can hold it over their heads and use it as bribery. "You better be good or we won't go to Disneyland." But they are pretty smart kids, I think they would figure out it was an empty threat.

We didn't want to tell the kids until we were absolutely sure it was going to happen, and I think we are to that point now. Jenn and I thought it would be so fun to try and keep it a secret. I can't wait to see the looks on their faces when they find out!! This is going to be a great trip with some great friends!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

my brother and sister in law did this with their kids last year and they didn't tell their kids they were going to disneyland until they were AT THE GATES at Disneyland!! They were So excited!! Good luck in keeping your secret!! how fun!!

Jennifer said...

I can't believe we are really going to go!! I am just as excited as the kids. (Lame, I know!) We will have to help each other keep the secret at least for a month. Then we won't have to answer "How many days?" EVERY DAY!!!

Tina said...

hey kim- its Tina from Wells. I just started blogging a while ago and for some reason today remembered your blog name and thought i would tap in to see whats happening with the allfreys. I love your Disneyland secret and I cant believe how big your kids are now. We just had a little girl in March and moved back from Scotland in Jan. We are living in IL at the moment, you can check out my blog to see the latest happenings- anyway I am glad I discovered your blog again- now we can keep in touch. Take care!!

mommyoffour said...

Lucky you!! It is always so much fun to go on trips with friends! I am sure you will all have a great time!

Becky and Bryce said...

Fun!!! That's awesome you can keep a secret like that. When ever we want to do something fun with the kids it's all I can do not to tell them. I get just as excited as they do! That'll be so fun with the Lambs too.