Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Camping at Palisades

On August 8th we went camping with Brian's family for the weekend. We had a great time. The kids had a blast swimming in the lake all day on that Saturday. (I am pretty sure my kids are part fish). Below are some of the pictures I took that weekend.


Here is Taylor getting used to the water.

Taylor swimming and Jackson rowing with his hands on the little raft.
This was the face Jackson gave me because he didn't want his picture taken right then.
Anybody want a cookie?
We rented a paddle boat for the day. Trevon and Braden were impressive with their paddling skills. Everyone said it was quite the workout, but those two boys were awesome at it.
Taylor and Brooklynn chilling in the raft.
Trevon, my first born fish.
Brandon and Christy brought their kayaks with them to the lake. My boys instantly fell in love with them, especially Jackson. He got on that kayak by himself and he had definitely found his thing.
Here is Jackson out on the lake in the kayak all by himself. He was on that thing for probably two hours straight, only taking a few little rests in between. He loved it, and he was pretty good at it for his first time.
Thanks Brandon and Christy for introducing us to the kayak.
Here is Jackson taking one of those little breaks to catch his breath.
We had a nice relaxing weekend, well for me anyways. Poor Brian had to do everything since I was still recovering and was pretty much useless. Thanks honey! I know the kids had so much fun so I hope that made it worth it for you.

1 comments:

Cassie said...

You went camping!?!?!?! LESS than a month after surgery?!?! Look at you go woman! You are freaking amazing.