Sunday, August 24, 2008

Swim Party!

Yesterday my Aunt Barbara and Uncle Larry invited us over to Uncle Larry's brother's house in Alpine for a BBQ. My cousin Evan is leaving for England soon and Barb and Larry are going on a mission to Austin Texas next month. It was nice to see them before they leave. The kids had so much fun playing with Zack and Lindsay in the pool in the backyard. The yard was gorgeous and HUGE!! It had a pool and a playground and two rock waterfalls with a little stream that ran all through the yard. It was pretty amazing! The kids told me that our backyard was boring in comparison, all we have is a trampoline.


Taylor and Lindsay, the little bathing beauties.



Taylor LOVED the slide. But since I still couldn't swim because of my surgery, I made her wear her swim ring unless my mom was there to catch her. One time though she slid down without her ring and we didn't notice until she was halfway down the slide. My cousin Amy swam as fast as she could to grab her. Taylor didn't even panic, she just kinda tread water for a half a second before Amy got to her. That girl sure had my heart beating fast!


Trevon and Jackson also LOVED the slide.

SLAM DUNK!!



Behind the house there is a field with horses. A few of them came up close and let Taylor pet them. It was a very nice and gentle horse. It loved Taylor's hand which had recently been covered in brownie. She informed me later that night that she named the horse Sally. She said "I just love when Sally tickled my hand."

Taylor and Sally.
Here is Taylor and her new best friend Jolie. We are going to be getting to know Jolie a lot better over the next two years because my parents are going to be taking care of Jolie while my Aunt and Uncle are on their mission. She is such a sweet dog, and Taylor has completely fallen in love with her. I told my Aunt not to be surprised if when they come back Jolie has grown a ton, sheds, and answers to the name Chance. (You don't think she'll notice if I switch dogs do you?)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

How fun!! Aren't you glad you went?

Amy said...

It was a lot of fun! Thanks for not putting pics of me in a swimming suit on your blog.