Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Road to Recovery

I thought that I would update everyone on Kim's condition.

She is doing extremely well. She was up and walking 4 different times. Her nurse told her that most donors only get up 2 maybe 3 times the day after surgery. The last 2 times she got up, she did not feel sick to her stomach. The doctor was in this morning and told her that she was doing great. She was a star patient.

Tim is also doing very well. His creatinine levels were 6.5 before the surgery, the normal level in a healthy person is 0.7 - 1.2. As of this moring, his lefel had dropped to 1.7. Kim's kidney is really helping Tim.

We think that she will be coming home Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning. Thank you to everyone that has helped with the kids, thought about or prayed for Kim and for everything else that has been done for us. A special thanks to Jen for keeping Kim's cndition updated. Kim is very blessed to have a friend like Jen, who is more like a sister than a friend.

The kids and I could not be more proud of Kim. She has done something that most people, me included would probably not do, and she never wavered in her desire to help. She has shown our family a great example and I feel that our lives have already been blessed by the Lord, and our testimonies have grown stronger. She scared me to death, but she reminded me how amazing she is.

I told her yesterday that I think that I have gotten spoiled. The amazing things that she does for us and the incredible person that she is day after day just seems commonplace. It is the norm, and I forget that not everyone is as lucky as I am to have her. A situation likes this reminds of how truly special that she is, and I love her more today than I ever have.

We love you Kim. Get well soon.

love,

Brian

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

Brian you made me cry!!! You are awesome, too!! And I KNOW you can write more than dirty jokes :)!

Aubrey said...

That is an awesome tribute to your wife. And I am glad that her and Tim are recovering fast.

Renee said...

Brian, your post was moving... I truly admire Kim for what she has done... We're still keeping her in our prayers for a speedy recovery! :)

ps...tell her I'm praying for her to recover fast so that she can come to our Breaking Dawn party! :) hee hee

(SO insignificant compared to what she has done...but fun, though!)

mommyoffour said...

I agree, Kim is an amazing person. I admire her for being so selfless and making such a huge sacrifice. We love you Kim, keep up the speedy recovery!

Cassie said...

She is definitely one of THE most selfless people I've ever known. Your family is very lucky to get to have her... we love you guys.

Becky and Bryce said...

So happy to hear things are going so well. Kim's amazing to give of herself like that. It was fun chatting to her on Thursday. SHe's an amazing women. What a sweet post for her.

Jenny said...

Wow that was so sweet Brian and we are all so proud of Kim and are keeping you guys in our prayers! Let us know if we can do anything and tell Kim we say to get well soon!!!

Tina said...

oh my goodness Kim, you are amazing. Brian, your post made me cry and I dont even know you but I know your beautiful and wonderful wife. Kim - it is so good to hear you are recovering well!! I wish you all the best!! BIG HUGS

Mother of Three said...

I am so glad to hear that everything is going well. Kim you are so brave! Hope you keep getting stronger and our prayers are still with you!