Thursday, October 18, 2007

House update

For the past six weeks almost nothing had been done on our new house. The master bedroom window was the wrong size so they had to reorder it. They couldn't start the drywall until the inspectors had come and the inspectors wouldn't come until the window was put in. So finally yesterday the window came as you can see from the picture. It is the large window above the garage. Along with putting in the window they also put in all the insulation. I think this is weird but I guess builders don't insulate the garage except for the walls that are shared with the inside of the home. And they charge a butt load if you want them to insulate it. The superintendent gave us a call yesterday and said if we wanted to insulate it ourselves we could do it tonight before they start the drywall on Friday. So that is what we are going to be doing tonight. What fun!!

4 comments:

Renee said...

Wow...I love the way your home looks, I can't wait to see it when it's done! Well, kind of, because then I guess that means your moving...so, um....I take that back! :)

Jennifer said...

Looks good! If you need help with the insulation, tell Brian to call Jordan. We could come up after his football game. I GUESS we can tape the office and watch it later! :)

Aubrey said...

Looks good! So close!:(

Unknown said...

your house looks awesome! building process sucks but it will all be worth it when you are in your new house I promise!!! :)