Friday, October 26, 2007

Recipe

Thank you to everyone who helped me out with my dinner time dilemma. I have gotten some great ideas of things to cook for my family. So I would like to share with you one of my more recent recipes that has crossed my path. I got this recipe from my mom just a few weeks ago. She made it one night for Sunday dinner and it was excellent and very filling.

Taco Soup
* 1 lb hamburger
* 1 onion
Cook until meat is browned and onion is tender
*3 (151/2 oz) cans of chili beans undrained
* 1 can whole kernel corn
* 1 (15oz) can tomato sauce
* 1 (41/2 oz) an chopped green chilies
* 1 envelope ranch dressing mix
* 11/2 cups water
* 1 large can stew tomatoes
* 1 pkg taco seasoning
Stir all ingredients into beef mixture, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
Toppings: Corn chips, cheese, sour cream, chopped onion, chopped tomatoes

2 comments:

mommyoffour said...

yummy! I love taco soup, quick and easy is the key!

Christy said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe. I have some recipes I can share ...let me know if you still want ideas. Thanks for keeping up on the blog and inspiring me to get going in the process.