Sunday, November 04, 2007

Halloween

Well, Halloween was fun, but I am so glad that it is finally over. It seems as though we have been celebrating Halloween for over a week between the school parties and the ward party and then finally the actual day. My kids have more candy than they could ever eat. I will for sure be making a very generous donation to the festival of trees this year. I totally agree with my friend Leslie's view of Halloween. I also hate to spend money on costumes that are only worn for a few hours. And I don't like to have all this candy around the house (mostly because I want to eat all of it). But it sure is fantastic to see how excited the kids get. I love to see their faces light up as their bags are filled with candy. I love to watch them play dress up in their costumes. I had to tell Jackson on a couple of occasions that it was now time to take the costume off. I think he would be happy to be flash everyday. I also love to see them at school with all their little friends. and to watch the program that they worked so hard to put on for all the parents. So even though Halloween is not one of my favorite holidays, I still love it because my kids love it, and if it makes them happy, then it makes me happy.


Here is superman and Snow White flying through the air
I love the wig, but doesn't she look totally different? I think I like the blond Taylor better


Strike a pose
This is at the ward Halloween party. The kids are waiting in line to play one of the games.
This is aunt Wendy dressed up as princess leia from star wars.
And this is aunt Emily who dressed up as a gypsy. Thank you so much to Wendy and Emily and mama Becky for taking the kids out to go trick or treating. I must admit it was very nice to be able to stay at home with Brian and pass out candy. Thanks again!
Brian was Shrek for Halloween. Taylor wanted to try it on, we were all laughing so hard because after she put it on she said " I'm an Ogre, get out of my swamp" She even had the accent and everything just like Shrek.
Here are the kids with the pumpkins that they carved. It is not a very great shot of the pumpkins but we got a lot of compliments on them on Halloween night. Brian did an awesome job of making the two transformers ones. I was very impressed. He found the image on the Internet and then just carved it into the pumpkin. They turned out so cool.

The kids sure worked up an appetite. Here they are eating pizza, I just liked the look on Taylor's face

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

What? No picture of Brian/shrek?? I'm sad that I didn't get to see it. And what about the other pumpkin?? Just Kidding.

kimberly said...

Sorry there is not picture of Brian's pumpkin, this is a G rated blog!!

Aubrey said...

Sounds like you had a great Halloween holiday. Brandon asked where the Bronco pumpkins were this year? They did look great.