Sunday, November 11, 2007

Gratitude Day #4 & #5

I had a feeling I wouldn't be able to post everyday, and I was right. But to make up for it here are six things that I am grateful for.

I am thankful for.......

1. My mom. She is my best friend. I don't know what I would do without my mom. For one I might have to actually PAY a babysitter if it weren't for my mom. She babysits my kids for me all the time, and you have no idea how much I appreciate that. Even when it is a last minute thing she is always there when I need her. I love you and thank you mom!!

2. My two little boys. I know I already said I was thankful for my family, but I thought I would get a little more specific. When Brian and I decided to start a family I was a lot more ready than he was. I did succeed in convincing him that if we waited until the circumstances were perfect we would never have a baby, because perfect timing just doesn't exist. Anyways, I knew that Brian REALLY wanted a boy, so when we found out that Trevon was a boy I honestly felt relief. The pressure was off because he had his boy. I know this probably sounds silly, but I was so happy that we had a boy first. I think it helped Brian feel a less petrified about becoming a dad. Then when baby number two was also a boy I think both of us felt relief. Brian, because he had another boy and me, because since they were born in the same month it would save us a lot of money on clothes and other baby stuff.

3. My little princess. I think most of you know about our shocking surprise that we now call Taylor. She was a very very unexpected addition to our family. I had and IUD in place when I got pregnant with her. I didn't even find out I was pregnant until I was almost 14 weeks along! They did and ultrasound that day and I was expecting to see a little dot pulsing on the screen, but there was a whole baby there. It was crazy. The ultrasound tech even guessed that it was a girl. But now that she is here I cannot even imagine life without her. I didn't think I wanted to have a girl because I grew up with four sisters and no brothers (my poor dad) and being a girl myself, I wasn't so sure if I wanted to raise one. But I love it, and I love her. Girls are so much fun, everyone should have at least one little girl.

4. Brian's homemade strawberry milkshakes. They are the best!!

5. Digital cameras. I love my digital camera. I love to see the picture as soon as I take it and to not have to wait until the film is developed.

6. Contact lenses. I wish that my vision was 20/20, but until I get lasik surgery that is not possible. But I am thankful that I can wear contacts instead of glasses. I hate wearing glasses!

0 comments: